Pages

Monday, June 22, 2015

God's Perfect Provision

Sianneh Community School
Last week, as I prepared to leave for a mission trip on Lofa Road, I felt led to take a little extra money with me for the journey.  DK was waiting for me on the motorbike so I ran into the office and quickly grabbed a little money, not knowing exactly how much money I had grabbed.  While on mission we visited Sianneh Town.  Sianneh Town has sacrificed greatly to start a school for their children.  The school was too small for the number of children who enrolled, so they started constructing an additional classroom before running out of money.  The town's pastor encouraged the town to pray.  Their small two room school was holding 185 students.   


Classroom under construction
When we arrived, Sianneh’s town leaders asked DK and I if we could help them complete the construction project.  I asked them how much money they needed.  They said, “A little more than $40 USD.”  I felt led to give the extra money that I had grabbed before leaving on mission.  I told them I didn’t know exactly how much money I had on me but I would give them what I had.  I reached in my pocket and pulled out two $10s, one $20 and $325 Liberian dollars, which equals almost $4 US dollars.  The Lord answered their prayer by giving them the exact amount of money they needed.  After counting the money, we all praised God.  I believe the Lord will use this experience to open the doors for the Gospel in their town and school.   

Matthew 7:7-11 says, “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.  Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?  Or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake?  If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!”


One of their two classrooms 

No comments:

Post a Comment