Pages

Monday, July 27, 2015

A Woman's Dream Fulfilled


I want to share a wonderful testimony about what God did yesterday.  God is faithful.  His plans are perfect.  His will is better than ours.  

Yesterday, I woke and had a strong prompting from the Holy Spirit to go and visit a church in a rural town that I have never been in before.  Earlier last week, I met Pastor David from this church in a neighboring village while on mission there.   

The Lord laid this clear message on my heart to preach, “Jesus is the only one who can make the unclean person clean” (Mt 8:1-4; Mk Mk 1:40-45; Lk 5:12-16).  Since it was Tommy’s turn to go on mission, he also prepared to teach.  We loaded our motorbike and drove into the bush singing, “We are on the battle field for our Lord.”  We truthfully didn’t know all the Lord had in store for our day.  We prayed that God would give us eyes to see what He was doing.

We arrived in the town an hour before the service was to start.  We found Pastor David and the place the church would be meeting.  The church meets in a half constructed building, made from mud, with a dirt floor.  

Since we had extra time, Tommy and I decided to go on a prayer walk through the town.  Again, we prayed that God would give us eyes to see what He was doing.  While walking, we greeted and prayed for several people.  One house that we stopped at, had a group of women sitting outside doing their hair in preparation for Liberia’s Independence Day celebrations.  As we turned to walk away, I faintly overheard one woman saying to the others, “I had a dream about that man last night.”  I stopped and asked her to tell me the dream.  She told me, “I dreamed that a white man and his son came to our town to teach in a church full of children.”  

Isn’t God awesome!  I praise His holy name.  Later that morning, as Tommy was teaching about the town of Bethlehem not having room for Jesus and asking the church if they had room in their lives for Jesus (Lk 2:1-20), I noticed that the church was full of children and I saw the woman sitting, listening intently to every word he said.  Tommy and I both spoke the messages God laid on our hearts.  After we preached, Pastor David stood up and gave people an opportunity to give their lives to Jesus.  The woman who had the dream rushed through the crown and literally fell with her face on the ground and gave her life to Jesus.  Isn’t God awesome!

The Lord is our shepherd.  The truth is, He desires to lead you and me again today.  His plans are better than ours.  Let’s set our hearts to be on His mission today.  Let’s live today expecting God to work through us to draw people to Himself.  God, please give us spiritual eyes to see what You are doing around us.  Please use us today.  Amen.  

John 10:3-4 says, “The watchman opens the gate for him, and the sheep listen to his voice.  He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.  When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.”

No comments:

Post a Comment