Pages

Sunday, December 22, 2013

Pynes Town Testimony


Pynes Church
I want to tell you a fun story.  Last weekend I went on mission.  While out, I stopped and ministered in several towns on Sino Road.  I am working hard on discipling leaders who will oversee churches in each town on Sino Road.  Out of all the town on the road, Pynes Town is the hardest.  I never know what to expect when I enter the town.  Wordsower has been successful at starting a church there but its influence on this demonically oppressed town has been small.  Pyne is also the name of the Pastor we are working with in Pyne’s Town.  Pyne has been bound and beaten 7 times by the devil and his dancers.  Moses, and another man named Big Boy also were intensely persecuted in the town.  At times the devil and the dancers have danced around Pynes house and have thrown rocks at the house and damaging the house.  The devil told Payne that he was not welcome and that anyone who preached the Gospel there would be punished.  In the town there were 6 churches before we began ministering there.  The problem with these churches is that their pastors danced with the devil and the devil (lead witch doctor) himself was the head deacon in one of the churches.  Obviously these churches weren’t churches at all!  Pynes Town has a fearful reputation even among the Liberians. 
Last Saturday, I had the privilege of ministering and sleeping in Pynes Town.  Normally, I take one of my children with me when I go on mission but I did not feel this trip would be safe enough to take the kids.  I praise God for what He is doing.  I need to tell you one more thing to help you understand this story.  In Pynes Town there are 2 leaders of the demonic society.  One is called the Mask and the other is called the devil.  The mask is the man who puts on the demonic mask and leads the dancing.  The devil is basically the witchdoctor.  Back to the story.  When I arrived in Pynes town, Pyne told me that the Church was winning the spiritual battle in the town.  That week the mask had publically declared that he would no longer bring the mask out in the town.  He  then went to each of the devil dancers and encouraged them to never dance for the devil again.  He encouraged the town to end devil dancing.  Pyne has been ministering to this man.  He has not made a profession of faith in Christ yet because of the poor testimonies of the pastors who call themselves Christians yet follow the devil.  While teaching in the Church Sunday morning, I felt led in the middle of my message to read John 10:10.  This verse says, “The devil comes to steal, kill, and destroy but I have come that you may have life to the full.” The Lord led me to say that His desire was to completely set the town free from the devil and to end devil dancing in the town.  When I said this, the room became instantly deadly silent.  I told them why this was God’s desire.  I said, “as you follow the devil, slowly, he is stealing, killing, and destroying you.  Love wants the town to be free from the devil because the full life is found only in following Jesus Christ.  While teaching, I noticed a man sitting off to my left who listened intently to every word I said.  Often, this man even shook his head and agreed with me.  After my teaching, Pyne told me that this man was the town’s devil.  He came to listen to me teach.  God is working in this town!  The pastors appear to be interested in Christianity, the mask has quit the secret society, and the devil was in church.  I praise God for what He is doing.  James Coe is the town’s devil’s name.  Please pray for his conversion. 

This is a picture of Camara

I want to tell you another story.  While on mission, I met with Pastor Camara.  Camara is the pastor for Gborlue Church.  Camara told me that his wife has had 2 dreams from the Lord.  In both dreams the Lord told her to encourage Camara to go to a specific town in the neighboring county of River Gee (I don’t remember the name of the town).  In the dream the Lord kept telling her that the town’s devil was recruiting children and training them in the secret society.  After her 2nd dream, God also spoke to Camara and told him that he needed to go and not to fear because God would be with him.  After more prayer, Camara and his wife began to investigate to see if there was a town in River Gee by the name of the town in the dreams.  They were not surprised to learn that there is a town by that name in the exact location as the town in her dream.  Camara and his wife talked to their church about the dreams and the church decided to take a collection to send Camara to River Gee.  Please pray for Camara.  He is prepared to be persecuted to bring freedom to the town.  Please pray that salvation would come to the town and that God would protect Camara.  He will be going on mission the first two weeks of January. 

No comments:

Post a Comment