Pages

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Duck Farming in Liberia Interview


This interview was written before Love got sick and died.

Dad: What is it like being a duck farmer in Liberia?
Tommy: It is like having a bird that can’t fly that you can train to do tricks.  One tricK i trained my ducks is to eat out of your hand.  Another trick I taught them is, I put rice on my foot and they will eat off my foot.  Ducks, I love ducks.  I’m going to give you the name of one of my ducks.  Love is the name of my duck.  Another duck is named Kim Duck.  I love you all.  That is the end of my duck interview.

Dad: Is it hard to raise ducks?
Tommy: Easy!  It is just $500 LD for one duck.

Dad: What do ducks eat?
Tommy: Rice, grass, weeds, bugs, and bread, and apples.  That’s all that we tried.  My ducks favorite food is rice and bread.

Dad: How many ducks to you have now?
Tommy:  I have 2 ducks.

Dad:  Will you buy more?
Tommy:  I think I will.

Dad: How many ducks do you want?
Tommy: 8 or 10, I don’t know.

Dad:  What is the hardest thing about raising ducks?
Tommy: It is to decide if I am going to give them Rice or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment