Pages

Monday, February 17, 2014

Ivorian Bible Institute Class

Today, we started teaching our first Bible Institute class in French.  There are 10 students from local refugee camps who are being trained to be missionaries to the Ivory Coast.  By the end of 2014, we pray we will see several churches started in the Ivory Coast.


I love this man!  Nelson is one of my closest friends in Liberia.  He lives in PTP Refugee camp.  Nelson has a heart of gold.  In the camp, you will find Nelson training church leaders, starting churches, and caring for orphans and widows.  Though he owns almost nothing, he shares all he has with those in need.  Last month, Nelson and I spent a lot of time together preparing for this month's Bible Institute classes.  Nelson is being trained to teach all the classes I have taught in the past.  Our vision is to constantly work ourselves out of jobs.  Next month, Nelson will be doing the majority of my teaching for level 1 classes while I observe and encourage him.  We want to train several teachers so we can start offering satellite classes in the more remote areas.  I praise God for Nelson's partnership.


No comments:

Post a Comment