Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

MELANIE: EDEN SALVE


Dear All of My Dear Friends and Family,
How are you all doing?  We are doing well, but have been rather busy lately.  Unfortunately, our little generator has hit the dust so we have gone without electricity for several days.  We now need to take all our needed electronics to the printing shop when we want the convenience of electricity.   Nice, huh?  But at the same time, very thankful for it.  I can't even begin to imagine what we would do if we didn't have that option.

I have had this in my heart to do and today must be the day.  I am compelled to do a little advertising.  I know.  I am sure that you are all groaning about now, as you get hit with advertisements all day long.  I am sure that you are thinking to yourself, "Do I really want to read this advertisement...even though, it is from Africa?".  Well, just hold on.  Maybe you will find it to be a useful advertisement.  It all occurred when our dear friends Lee and Sandi  came to visit us around Christmas.  She had asked me if I had any specefic things that I wanted her to bring.  Something very high on my list was that I wanted her to bring something for rashes.  Though, she did bring stuff, something for rashes is still very high on my list.  I still need to find something that will work.  So, if any of you have any ideas, let me know.  Otherwise, my poor husband and kids....   

Well, my sweet husband would say that I just went on a rabbit trail.  Well, I guess that I did.  Anyways, back to my advertisement.  Lee and Sandi did bring something that I will never do without again for as long as I live - at least here in Africa.  :)  I tell you the truth.  I have never seen anything like this stuff before and already have requested another container, which I will be picking up in a few months from my dear friends. :) It is called Eden Salve, "Nature's Healing Touch."  I tell you the truth.  That is exactly what I would call it, other than I would probably say, "God's Healing Touch."  One day last week, I was starting a fire on my very handy-dandy coal pot.  I had had a fire earlier and didn't want to waste another match, so I was trying to fan my old flame.  It is not hard to do, all I needed to do was to scoot my heated coals together into a lump, then use my Liberian made plastic bowl to fan my coals and wa-la!  New fire.  Well I failed to use my smart brain and decided to use my fingers to put the heated coals into the lump rather than using the bowl to scoot them together.  Well, naturally, you know what is coming.  Yes, I accidentally picked up the coal on the hot side.  Oh.  Let me tell you, it was not nice.  I don't think that I have ever had pain like this in my finger before.  Don't get me wrong.  I have been through this before so you would think I can learn my lesson; but anyways, all the times before, I have not been burnt like this time.  My finger was really swollen and kind of had pink and white and red blotches all over the entire tip area.  Yeah, it hurt.  Yeah, I really had to control myself from crying like a child.  I was hurting.  My husband and family felt very bad for me, I could tell.  Fortunately, I remembered this cream.    It says that it is effective for:  cuts, BURNS, rashes, insect bites, boils, and chapped, cracked, or dry skin.  Salve is an:  astringent, anti-flamitory, antibacterial, and anti-fungal.  Quickly, I grabbed the green salve and rubbed it onto my finger.  Oh, I thought I was dieing then.  Oh, the pain was bad.  So, I ran outside and began to waste our laundry water by filling a cup with water and putting my finger into the water.  When the water got too hot, I dumped the water and grabbed new.  Well, my friend who was doing our laundry for me was not impressed with my resolve, so I decided to go back to the salve.  Lucky for me, I chose this option.  I tell you the truth, I put plenty on my finger a countless number of times.  Each time, it began to dry up, I put more on because the pain became too much when that happened.  I tell you the truth, within 2 hours, all I had left was a small white dot on my finger.  The rest was healed.  My finger didn't hurt anymore.  When my family looked at it, they no longer felt sorry for me.  All of them were amazed.  Don said, "It was either the salve or God."  I would like to say that it was both.  God used the salve to help heal my finger.  Also, Don mentioned that he had never seen anything like that before.

Now, think with me.  Let's say, you go to the lake and you think to yourself,  "Oh.  I left my sunscreen in the car.  Oh well.  I will be fine."  BUT, when you get home, you realize that you were NOT fine. :):)  For days and days, you suffer and you are seriously not doing well.  (Trust me, I have suffered like this before, many times.  One of those, I think back to the cruise with my family.  My sister and I "suffered" in our cabin while the rest of the family enjoyed "the boat.")  But, I think to myself.  If we would have had this salve, I think it might have been all over within the first hour of our suffering, the night before, and then we could have been out enjoying "the boat" with the rest of the family.  I just really wonder.  Because my finger was seriously burnt and it was all over within 2 hours, I just can't help but think what it would do with a sunburn.....  Things that make you go "Hmmm...."  

LOL!  So, what is happening with you?  I would love to know if you get a few minutes.  I heard that a warm front went through Ohio last week.  It was in the 20's but then later it was suppose to get into the 40's.  Sounds nice.  NOT!  :)  LOL!  I think we have been chilling around 100 degrees lately. :):)

Love you all and miss you deeply and at the same time, completely, excited to see you!
Love, Mel :)  

PS.  The Enden Salve also says "Bulk Herb Store" on it so I am assuming that is where you can buy it.  Whether it is on line or a true store, I have no idea.  Just thought that if my advertisement worked, that you may be wanting that information.  :):):):)


PPS.  Christian says that it also helps with monkey bites.  So.... if you ever encounter a monkey bite, please, remember to put this salve on it and all will be well.  :):)

No comments:

Post a Comment