Pages

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Christian's Update



Hi Friends and Family,
I have been making a money box.  It is made from wood.  It has three different compartments: Saving, Spending, Salvation.  I just got done making it.  I put a padlock on it so that Jessie can’t get in it.  Jessie likes to eat money.  How are you all doing?  I hope you are good.  



I have also been hunting with my rubber gun.  The way you aim it is you pull it back and look at the target.  The bird must be in the center of the sticks when you are aiming.  When you shoot, you normally kill it.  I have just been close to hitting it.   It is fun to hunt birds.  



I just got a chicken.  A woman was walking down the street toward the market with it.  We were walking past her on the way to our motorbike.  Dad asked how much the chicken was.  She said 200 LD.  That is pretty cheep because I paid 400 LD for my first chicken.  This chicken I got for 200 LD.  When we got home we fed it so it would not run away.  I hope it lays eggs and produces chicks.  The first chicken I got had 15 eggs.  They all broke except 3.  When the 3 chicks hatched, the chicken hawk came down and swiped all my chicks.  I am hoping this one will produce and the chicken halk will not get it.  



I have been climbing our tree more recently.  Jessie thinks I am trying to double her when I climb.  Each time I climb a tree, Jessie will climb a little farther than I am.  One time I climbed, she came and cuddled me.  It was fun.




Yesterday, Tommy and I were playing with sticks.  Tommy threw a stick and it hit me in the eye.  Jessie, when she heard me crying thought, “It can’t be that bad."  She kept coming to me and cuddling and kissing me.  I am thankful I can still see out of it.  Yesterday, I vomited twice.  It was a hard day.  
I love you all. I hope you have a good day.
Love,
Christian









1 comment:

  1. Just be careful not to shoot Tommy's ducks, ok? :) Thanks for writing. We had an injured swan eating birdseed and bread from my husband's hand all winter. It was a very severe winter, and "Solo", as we named him, could not fly. He still swims by now and then . He was chasing geese across the lake one evening. It was funny to watch. I hope we see you soon in Indiana.

    ReplyDelete