Pages

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Pastors are coming to Christ!

I praise God for all that He is doing.  I am overflowing with joy and excitement as two dreams I have had for ministry are becoming reality.  

Pastors being trained in Gbenequelleh
Dream 1
I have dreamed of opening Remote Bible Training Centers at strategic locations throughout Bong County.  Many of the towns in Bong County have churches in them but most of these churches are not Christian.  Last month, we opened our first Remote Bible Training Center in Gbenequelleh.  Our goal was for 20-30 pastors and church leaders to attend.  We were delighted with the 70 leaders who started the training.  These leaders were from various denominations in 23 towns and villages on Kokoyah Road.  Our training started with the book of Romans since most pastors are not Christians and are deeply involved in the demonic society.  God was working in powerful ways as many of these pastors were confronted with their sins and their eternal destiny for the first time.  Throughout the training, pastors asked questions like, "Is there anything I can do that is good enough to make God overlook my sins?" or "Can I get to heaven if I obey the Law?"  These pastors were truly lost.  On the last day of our training, most of the pastors made a profession of faith.  Please pray for these pastors as we continue to work with them each month.  Please pray that the seed of the Gospel will truly take root in their lives.  


This Tuesday, we will be opening a second training center in Foloblai.  Our prayer is for these two training centers to raise up an army of disciples who will take the Gospel to the various towns and villages on Kokoyah Road.  


Dream 2
As you are aware, Liberia has a very high illiteracy rate.  I have dreamed of working with an artist to draw pictures for everything we teach.  Picture Bibles are very effective in Liberia but these Bibles teach only the Bible's main stories.  What if we could draw, for example, the book of Romans with such detail that if you knew each picture, you would truly know the entire book?  If we were able to do this, even the illiterate could be trained to be ministers of the Gospel.  This dream is becoming a reality.  Last month, our ministry hired a full-time artist, whom we have worked with in the past, named Prince.  God is using Prince's paintings, to literally keep pastors on the edge of their seats while we teach.  

Prince painting Romans 4 & 5
Do you want to go through our Romans Study?
For years, I have been studying the book of Romans.  This study has completely changed my life.  I have a passion in my heart for others to learn the things that God has taught me.  For the next few months, I am going to begin posting daily pictures (Monday-Friday) and a short devotional on my blog from our study through Romans.  Will you consider joining me in this study?  By going through this study, I pray you will grow closer to our Lord and get a personal glimpse into how we train pastors here in Liberia.  

No comments:

Post a Comment